- I got the Buffy and Angel blog up and going this week, with five entries on five characters: The Groosalugg, Ben, Professor Walsh, Skip, and Caleb.
- I actually added something to my woefully infrequent 'poetry blog' Decapitation Classic. It's called "A City is Destroyed".
- A bit of jingoism from Pictures of Theo, as Theo Huxtable gets mashed up with Uncle Sam.
- Except that's a different country. Up here, I have a blog devoted to Montréal through Google Street View. This week, I did some pictures of the Metro's Orange Line.
- But speaking of that other country, Brits Supertramp sing this week's Worst Song nominee, "Breakfast in America".
- And the Best Song nominee is an American act, singing about a different place altogether: "Funkytown".
- On the topic of music, my once-a-month blog Better as a Single sinks its teeth into, of all things, a Hannah Montana album.
- And, just to show I'm no more mature than Miley Cyrus herself, A Proper Blog this week ogles album covers with nudity in them.
- More anatomy: Living with Crazy Buttocks. Don't worry; it's just a book with an Awesome Name.
- Lost in Google Translation this week takes inspiration from VH1.
- And lastly, some Google Insights about Looney Tunes characters.
- This week's horoscope offers all kinds of sage advice, courtesy of Horoscopes Monkey Trial.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Another week, another bunch of blogs. What have I been doing this week? In addition to eating and sleeping, this:
Sunday, May 23, 2010
So my second attempt at a weekly run-down. There's 12 entries here for this week, which surprises me, because I didn't think I did all that much this week. In any case, there's no overriding theme, except that three of them are about Canada. So what have I been up to this week? This:
- I have a blog that shows Toronto through Google Street View screencaps. This one is a but different, in that I've taken a few of those pictures and turned them into Tilt-Shift pictures, i.e. made them look like miniatures.
- My blog about Google Insights uses data from that site to consider whether Canadians use American or British spellings more.
- And in Poll Vaulting, I consider the woes of the Canadian Leader of the Opposition, Michael Ignatieff.
- Both my best-song and worst-song blog entries are American, though. Nominee for Best Song Ever this week is Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love"
- Nominee for worst is Michael Bolton's "Why Give My Songs Titles; They All Sound the Same Anyway".
- My poor unloved Lost in Google Translation site has a mixed-bag entry.
- I'm launching a blog that is a bit of an obsessive's guide to the TV shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. I got the introduction up to the Top 50 Characters list that I'll be doing at the rate of one per weekday.
- Pictures of Theo has a Monty Python-inspired GIF. God loves GIFs.
- The Awesome Name of the week is "Bapsybanoo". Tell me you wouldn't name your daughter that.
- My Horoscopes blog has another edition this week: more horoscopes guaranteed to be true beyond any shadow of a doubt.
- And A Proper Blog has two entries this week. First is a silly thing about nursery rhymes.
- The second Proper Blog entry is about bisexuality, and the 'spectrum' of sexuality.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
So I've been thinking... since I have all kinds of stray blogs that are updated semi-regularly (in some cases, rather less frequently), I need some kind of central point: a meeting point from which all of my blogs can be accessed. So I opened one here using my own nom de plume, and what I'm going to do is this: about once a week, I'm going to update this blog with links to whatever I happen to have posted over the preceding seven days. I'm sure there's some way, with RSS and whatever, to do that automatically. But I have the tech savvy of an eighty-year-old Amazon forest native. So here we go instead...
Recent stuff I've done:
Recent stuff I've done:
- I keep a weekly blog about the best songs ever: this week, it's Sly and the Family Stone's "Thank You For Talking to Me, Africa".
- Plus, the worst songs ever, too. This week the badge of honour gets pinned on the lapel of Herman's Hermits, for their "Mrs Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter".
- Additionally on the topic of music, in my catch-all blog, I've written about Elvis Presley, and the incredible sadness of his 1970s album covers: white jumpsuits, microphones, and not a speck of imagination.
- A theme week for the Lost in Google Translation game of mangled song lyrics: this week, they're all by the same musician.
- Actually, it's a very musical week. My Things with Awesome Names blog, devoted to things with strange or interesting names, looks at Fiona Apple's ridiculously-titled second album.
- Understanding Google Trends looks at vitamins, and who's been Googling which ones. More interesting than it sounds, I promise...
- Something I've been trying to do for a while now, Poll Vaulting has part one of a two-part look at the 'youth vote' in Canada - who under-25s vote for, or at least who they intend to.
- My blog devoted to Photoshopping pictures of Theo Huxtable (well, who says blog themes have to make sense?) gives you 'Old Theo' this week.
- And of course, the stalwart Horoscopes Monkey Trial gives you another edition of life-enhancing and 100% correct in all circumstances astrology, completely guaranteed to change your life.