Monday, November 29, 2010

A Lust for Lists

So I'd been telling myself to stop launching new blogs... but I've gotten into these 'top ten' list things so much, and I've found that there is just so much to say that can fit into a 'top ten' format, that I was worried my "A Proper Blog" blog would just be swamped by top-ten lists ad infinitum. So I decided, even though it will decimate my "A Proper Blog" readership, to spin the top ten lists off into a new blog, called "A Lust for Lists". You can find it at http://a-lust-for-lists.blogspot.com/ where hopefully it'll offer listiness on a relatively regular basis.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. How about chasing down places for which Google Earth has multiple views taken on different dates?
    I have been doing a thread on a forum about my trips to the USA and Europe and using Google Earth to confirm places. But sometimes things are no longer the same and I've just about given up when I move to another location giving a view of the same thing and found that it's available from there.
    Here's the thread:
    https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members-rides/426498-ride-along-with-me.html
    To make one post complete I needed to find where a car wash I used and a motel I stayed were but the only clue I had was a photo I'd taken at the car wash which had a building in the background.
    I hunted all around on Google Earth for car washes and couldn't find it, so I started looking for the building in the background near any of the car washes which were likely. The car wash had been renovated and enlarged, I got a Street View pic of that happening from the street in front of that building. Then I found that if I went around a nearby roundabout I could find two different dates for pics from it which showed the car wash as it was when I used it.
    Another was a McDonalds in Saint James in Illinois, it had been renovated in such a way that it wasn't possible to see the building as I had it in my photo and what it is today. But Street View had one view from the Northbound side of the road and an older view (even in the snow) from the Southbound lanes.
    Oh, and to avoid that louse Photobucket watermark over your pics, you can use Postimage.org.

    ReplyDelete